Thursday, November 5, 2009

Seasoned Oyster Crackers

1/2 c. canola oil

1 pkg. (about 2 T.) dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 - 3/4 tsp. lemon pepper

1 tsp. dill weed

2 - 12 oz. pkg. Oyster Crackers

Mix first 5 ingredients together. Pour over oystser crackers and mix well, but gently, with spatula or wooden spoon. Cover tightly and let set at least one hour. Enjoy!


I often get requests to bring these to get-togethers. I try not to have these around the house because I find them rather addictive and would eat them until they are gone. Luckily, if there are some to bring home I can always take any leftovers to my dear friend, Becka. I can't remember who gave me the recipe to begin with, but I ask God to bless them for me.


You can make a quick little gift packet for people. Mix the dry ingredients together (Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix through dill weed in small zip lock bags. (You can get these at the Flea Market and Hobby Lobby, the 3x4 inch ones work well.) I attach a small tag to the bags with instructions: " Blend the contents of packet with 1/2 c. vegetable or canola oil. Pour over 2 - 12 oz. pkg. oyster crackers and mix well. Cover and let set at least one hour. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment